Billy Corgan Is Selling All His Old Gear At A Big-Ass Garage Sale
Origin of article http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/billy-corgan-selling-old-gear-big-ass-garage-sale/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=billy-corgan-selling-old-gear-big-ass-garage-sale
Billy Corgan is having himself a backyard blowout, and all stock MUST GO.
The Corgenator is taking a break from Smashing Pumpkins so he can ~smash prices~ on all his old shit, hocking over 100 items from his personal collection including instruments, gear and other memorabilia via a new online shop.
The web store, which will go live on 16th August, is stocked with plenty of choice items from across Corgan’s illustrious career as a Pumpkin, like the Fender Strat which served as one of the two main guitars used on classic albums Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness.
Gird your piggy banks and have a froth on this list of some of the hottest items on Corgan’s online garage sale listing courtesy of Reverb:
- Corgan’s #2 Stratocaster. A modified, star–covered 1988 Fender AVRI Strat that recorded most of Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie, including “Today,” the solo of “Cherub Rock,” and many more.
- A pair of Marshall JMP-1s that were the main preamps for Mellon Collie album and the tour.
- Two Alesis drum machines, one used for the loops on “1979” and another that was used to record many early Pumpkins’ demos before Jimmy Chamberlin joined the band.
- The modified 1990s Les Paul Special used to record much of the Machinaalbum and played regularly on that tour, and the two backup LP Specials from the tours.
- The rackmount ADA MP-1 preamps used to record Gish.
- A Fender Subsonic Stratocaster in Sonic Blue from the Zeitgeist era signed “This is what true freedom looks like. Billy Corgan.” One of the few items in the shop signed by the guitarist, it was originally set to go to auction in 2008 before Corgan decided against it.
- The Fernandes sustainer guitar used in the studio and on tour for most of Adore.
- A 1969 Gibson EB–3 Bass in Walnut dubbed the Mountain Bass used as a “secret weapon” on everything from Mellon Collie to Machina.
- The small Crate combo amps used to get the distortion sounds on Machina.
- The arsenal of Diezel and Bogner amps used to record and tour for Zeitgeist.
- Dozens of collector–grade vintage guitars, including two ’58 Strats, a ’63 Candy Apple Red Strat, a 1953 Gibson Super 400, and a ’66 Rickenbacker 360.
- A vintage 1950s accordion and an autoharp used on the Mellon Collie tune ‘We Only Come Out at Night’.
And here are some pics:
The post Billy Corgan Is Selling All His Old Gear At A Big-Ass Garage Sale appeared first on Music Feeds.